Sunday, August 14, 2005


My gas grill was finally stolen from behind my apartment. It took you long enough, Philadelphia. This is several months after my propane tank was stolen from the gas grill. I think it is best to live in a place where you don't have to worry about people stealing your grills and bicycle seats.

I've purchased a few electronic gadgets lately, a new digital camera and a camcorder. My Sony camcorder died after about 2 years so I bought a Panasonic GS-31 for a little under $300. It is the best camcorder for the money right now, mostly because of its low light capability. The Panasonic GS-150 is also pretty nice for about $550. It is a 3-CCD model, but reviews have said almost ever camera has a problem with tiny red lines running across the screen.

I also bought a Casio Z750 7.2 MP digital camera for about $370. It's the best compact digital camera for the money right now. I liked my Canon Dimage X, but at 2 MP it was getting a little long in the tooth. I actually sold it on eBay for about $100. My first Z750 broke. I sent it back to the retailer for another and they gave me a refund. I was left with the charging dock and the accessories which I also sold on eBay for $50. So really I walked away with a new camera for $220.

My last bargain: I bought a 1 gig Sandisk Ultra II SD memory card for the camera through Dell. Most retailers are selling it for around $85. I found some coupons that allowed me to buy it from Dell with a color printer for $66. It would have cost $88 without the printer. I don't have much use for the printer. Maybe I can sell that on eBay too.

No comments: