The stock market has been a bit turbulent lately. I'm not sure what to buy these days, but here are some of my recent winners:
Apple. Wow, I had no idea this one would take off like it did. I love Apple's products, they run circles around Dell and the like (I don't know if I will ever buy another Dell product after my horrible Axim and laptop experience). This one has doubled in less than a year.
Royal Caribbean Cruises. This one has been relatively flat lately, but I bought it around 9/11 when there were terrorism concerns and it was a bargain. It's up several hundred percent now. It is still a great buy, regardless of fuel cost concerns.
UniFirst. These guys make uniforms. It was supposed to be a safe dividend play, just someplace to stick money for a few months. Right after I bought it, they had a surprise earnings statement and bam, up 30%. It's been flat lately though so I may unload it.
Boeing is a great company. I am hopeful that their 7E7 will be a hit. It's up 20% since the elections.
Coach. Love it. Up 50% since the elections alone. I am bullish on luxury goods as the economy improves.
Starbucks is a growth monster. But can it continue? It's had a dip recently, but it is untouchable by competitors.
GlaxoSmithKline is one of my favorite pharmas, along with the J&J family. They have a great pipeline and are up 20% over the past few months while other drug companies have tanked.
Exxon Mobile. Wow, what a run-up lately. Up 20% in the past few months. This was another dividend play that paid off well. So I feel a little better when I fill up the Expedition for $60.
No comments:
Post a Comment