Monday, October 03, 2005


I noticed Google now allows personalization. I'm not sure if this is new or I am just now noticing it. In any event, it is pretty cool. They even have Yahoo content, but MSN Money and MSNBC or even NBC are nowhere to be found.

My Stock tracker was sort of the last thing connecting me to Excite. My Excite email address is so spam-ridden that it is of little use. My Gmail email hasn't hit any spam lists yet, except for my undergrad alumni association which spams me relentlessly.

Speaking of stocks, I got back into Home Depot after Hurricane Katrina in hopes of hurricane rebuilding money flowing in. Instead, the stock has dropped 7% within the span of a few weeks, for no real reason. I can't decide if I should sell, ride it out, or double up. I picked up some other construction plays that made up for the loss (Granite Contstruction and Elkcorp), but it is still annoying. An energy stock I picked up, Peabody Energy, has been on a tear as of late--up 22% in 1 month. So has Burlington Northern Santa Fe, which is in rail transport. Some other stocks I am considering, but I'm worried about valuation: Netflix, Valero Energy, and Newfield Exploration.

No comments: