Sunday, October 30, 2005

One of the classes I am taking is Marketing Research. I would say it is OK, but maybe too much like the Business Statistics class we had 1st year. Part of the class is a rather in-depth statistical analysis of a company of our choice. My team chose ecoustics.com because the founder is a friend of mine who is also married to my classmate. You would likely not place him as an internet mogul if you saw him walking down the street.

In any event, we had a focus group with another team. Their project was on the Motorola Rokr phone. I thought the Razr phone was pretty neat when it came out, albeit a bit overpriced. I'm not sure this Rokr will really take off though. Apparently you can only transfer iTunes songs to the phone.

I can't wait until I can cancel Sprint. The service is abysmal in Philadelphia. You would think a major US city would have strong coverage with any carrier, but no. Most importantly, I get no reception whatsoever in Huntsman Hall--unless I go stand by a window to get 1 bar. Plus they screwed me over on my rebate when I signed up for 2 years. Long story, but I received it 10 months after I signed up and it was for $75 not $200. I recommend that any Wharton student steer clear of Sprint even with their cheaper rates. The best reception at school seems to be with Verizon.

No comments: