Today is Caroline's 3 week birthday! She's definitely growing---she seems longer to me and more of her outfits are starting to fit. Caroline's umbilical cord fell out on Wed. night, April 23rd...Dad found it in her diaper. We were all excited. The mile stones of being new parents. We've had another eventful week. Caroline is becoming more alert and staying awake for longer periods in between her routine of eating and sleeping. She averages a little over an hour of awake time before dozing back off. I had two exams this past week and Grandma Pat was in town to help out. Caroline and Grandma had lots of bonding time while I was at the library studying. Grandma made lots of pretty "burp clothes" for Caroline while she was in town...with gingham ribbon, flowers and dragon flies. They're very cute and girly. The cutest "burp clothes" I've ever seen. I think both Caroline and I are sad that Grandma had to leave. It was so nice to have the extra help. Mom brought pictures of me from when I was a baby and we decided that Caroline does seem to favor me as a baby. We'll see what Nana Tina thinks when she arrives.
Caroline is also becoming more strong. She is starting to hold her head up and turn it side to side when you are holding her. She also tries to push off with her feet and kicks a lot especially when you're changing her diaper. So far we have found that she likes her swing, bouncey chair, black and white activity gym and she likes to go outside for walks in her Baby Bjourn. Everyday we try to utlize these different items and keep her entertained and stimulated. I also play her Baby Mozart music in her room---I think it calms me more than it does her but ya never know.
This weekend we are having her first professional baby portrait taken...JP and I still can't believe our daughter is here---being parents has been an amazing experience. It's definitely hard work but worth it.
-Shawn
No comments:
Post a Comment