Taco Bell is having a contest to find new sayings for their taco sauce packets. The contest initially received some publicity because they specifically asked for sayings "left of center." People took that to mean TB (I call her TB 'cause we go way back) wants leftist sayings to appease the people protesting their labor practices concerning low-wage tomato pickers. Well now the website has a disclaimer that says "left of center" just means "outside the bun."
Anyway, the 12 winners get free Taco Bell for a year! Wow, that's right up my alley! So I read the actual contest rules--the winner actually only gets a $5 TB gift certificate every week for a year. So you win $260--what a rip! This prize barely covers 1 taco per workday, far below my recommended daily allowance of tacos. Add up all 12 winners, that's only $3,120. That's pretty cheap for a slogan campaign. I imagine they would be paying consultants hundreds of thousands for slogan ideas. Must have been an MBA grad that designed this contest.
No comments:
Post a Comment