Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Is Google overvalued? The stock has recently run up to nearly $300 per share, which would put it's P/E at over 115 (50 forward-looking). CSFB has raised its target on Google to $350. It sure looks like a dot-com internet bubble to me. When everyone is saying Google is invulnerable and will never lose it's market-leading position, it seems like a good time to get out. There is an awful lot of downside potential. Not too long ago eBay lost $13 in market capitalization when earnings were 1 cent off estimates.

I'm increasingly dissatisfied with Google search results. There is too much junk in there from sites circumventing Google's search algorithms. There is something to be said for search engines with a human touch, like Yahoo.

Everything is going well with the baby and family. I'll be heading out for my internship this weekend and starting on Monday. I can't wait!

No comments: