Thursday, June 24, 2004

A whopping 83 people have been killed so far today in Iraq. Another 233 were injured. I have no idea why there is so much insurgence when the government turnover is in a few days. I believe we should take the turnover opportunity to pull entirely out of Iraq. The Iraqis don't want our help and nobody really wants to be there. They'll probably become a radical Islamic state, oh well.

Too bad we need so much oil. I wish Bush had stood up after 9/11 and said, "I call upon all Americans to initiate a conservation effort in their households and businesses." He could have asked people to buy efficient water heaters, energy-star fridges, and gas-friendly cars. People would have been willing to sacrifice so they could feel like they were doing something to help. It also would have helped the economic recovery.

Maybe if Kerry gets in office, he can initiate a 10-cent gas tax increase or something along those lines. We have way too many people in America driving full size pick-ups just in case they might need a bunch of mulch or a new sofa.

No comments: