Today was a crazy day. This morning, I ran into a boy on a bike with the Expedition. More like ran over a boy on a bike. He's OK. It was totally the kid's fault, but I still feel bad. The police, fire trucks, and ambulances all came and blocked morning rush hour traffic. Basically the kid blew through an intersection at just the wrong moment on his bike. I slammed into him right in the middle of the front grill and he went under the car. His bike was wedged all the way under the vehicle, but he popped off and wasn't crushed. If he had been a foot to the left or right, he could have been run over! Luckily he was wearing jeans and a helmet so he didn't get torn up. Now I'll just sit back and wait to get sued.
In the afternoon, I had to take a 2-hour class on Navy household goods moving, even though I have moved about five times in the Navy. This class taught me how to fill out a 25-block form. Incredible waste of time. Then I had to take Caroline to the pediatrician. She has been pretty fussy and it turns out she has an ear infection. Babies get sick a lot. Especially when they are in daycare. This in turn makes parents sick a lot. It is a vicious cycle of sickness.
One good thing that happened this week is that work transitioned to the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI). Lots of people complain about NMCI, but for me it was a seamless transition. Plus my work computer is 1,000 times faster. OK, maybe not 1,000, but at least 10 times faster. I used to click on Outlook and literally had to wait 30 seconds for it to pop up. Same things for Office documents or whatever. At least it got me into the habit of picking up the phone to call people instead of weaseling out with an email.
No comments:
Post a Comment